Getting started Step-by-Step
1) First go to paramountbaseball.net/
2) Next download the league file. Depending on the speed of your computer this should take about 5 minutes.
3) Next, create a new folder and open the league file. I use an extraction software called WinRAR because they haven't forced me to pay for it yet. Maybe you're a more moral person than I am, and would rather purchase yours. Don't judge me.
4) Drag the contents of the league file to your new folder.
5) Name the New Folder PBL.lg. That is a lowercase L not an I, so you know.
6) Open up the saved_games folder in your OOTP Baseball 17 folder. Drag PBL.lg there. It's not a sure thing that your OOTP folder will be located in the same place as mine, but I find it in my Documents folder. If you use Steam or a Mac to play OOTP then yours may be in a different place.
7) Open OOTP 17 and click the Load Game button.
8) PBL should now be listed as a game you can open. Select it and click OK.
9) Select your name and use the password the Commish gave you to login. If you're not sure what your password is, PM the Commish. If you're not sure what my password is, then that means the system works.
10) You're now set up to make any changes to your team that you want. When you are done, click the Export Your Team via FTP button to send your updates to the Commish. Export routinely, to make sure every change you make actually occurs.
When the Commish posts a new update you no longer have to use this process to get the new file (Although you can if some error occurs). From now on, just click the Download Latest League File button and you'll receive the new League File. This can take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes depending on the speed of your computer.
Hope that helps you get set up.